Caden John Bailey

Caden John Bailey
Caden John Bailey, Born March 18, 2011 @ 12:29pm

Saturday, August 27, 2011

5 Months Already!

I know this post is coming out a little late, but better late than never, right? I can't believe our sweet son is already 5 months old! I feel like we blinked and the time had gone. We love him so much and with each new day he brings more and more joy to our lives.

Well, so far, month 5 has been my favorite! (I think with the beginning of each month, that is my new favorite! ) He is so darn cute, I just can't get enough of him! He is still working on rolling over consistently, but does it randomly right now. The day before he turned 5 months, he rolled from tummy to back and has only done it one other time-I think it was the next day! He finally seems to enjoy or at least tolerate tummy time...phew!! I really thought it may never happen! He can spend quite a bit of time on his tummy now that he can hold his head up and look around. It is pretty cute! He kicks his feet (while on his tummy) like he is going for a swim! It cracks me up! He is really talking up a storm! He has even found a few new octives! Going into a restaurant is now much more entertaining. He has even discovered how to do raspberries with his mouth. Love it!  He loves to stand. He will stand on your lap, the table, the floor, wherever you put him. He loves it! I think he is starting to learn that mommy and daddy will pick up toys that he drops and give them right back. He loves to sit in his Bumbo and play with whatever I put on his tray. He thinks it is hilarious to swipe them off or drop them off the side and watch to see if mommy or daddy will pick them up. It is pretty funny. He has discovered that he can grab onto Sophie's fur and pull. This morning he pulled a huge fist full of her fur because I couldn't get his fingers unclenched! Sophie just licks his hands and lays back down! He loves watching her do anything, especially play fetch. That is one of our evening rituals. He also loves it when Daddy and I sing "The bright sun comes out...", a song that Grandma Kathy taught him while camping. He gets the biggest grin as daddy uses Caden's arms to make the gestures and mommy sings. We try to sing it at least once or twice a day! Grocery shopping has become a whole lot more fun for both of us. I have started setting him in the seat of the cart now. He still needs help sitting up, but he loves to look around and smile at everyone! I think he gets at least 5 people to stop and talk to him every trip! I think the #1 pick for curtest new discovery, by both David and I, would be that he LOVES his toes! He plays with them any chance he gets. He grabs on and rolls from side to side, every now and then getting a toe in the mouth! He especially loves to play with his toes when he  is not restricted by anything...yes, I mean when he is naked! He loves being naked!

We are definitely getting to know this little cutie pie better with each moment. As I return back to work this fall (in 4 days!), I am a little sad to miss even one small new discovery but I am so thankful to only be working part time this year. Between Daddy and Grandpa and Grandma Smith, he will be in good hands. I know that I can't be there for everything, but I wish I was! I'm sure that is how every parent feels about their children. I think both Dave and I would agree that parenthood has been such a blessing for us. Caden is such a gift and we thank God each and every day for blessing our lives and trusting Caden to us. We are enjoying every moment with our sweet little baby love!

Taken in full Coug gear on his 5 month birthday

Such a big boy! He still needs a little help sitting up but shopping is so much more fun now! He loves to look around at everything!

Loves his toes!

In the mouth they go!
"Sophie, come and play with me!"

"Or...we can snuggle!"

No comments:

Post a Comment