Caden John Bailey

Caden John Bailey
Caden John Bailey, Born March 18, 2011 @ 12:29pm

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Caden's First Haircut!

It was time. As much as I fought it, it was time. I had been trimming and snipping here and there, but it was time for the real thing. He needed more help than mommy could give and mommy was not ready for the buzz yet. What does this mean? It means that it was time for Caden to visit the barber!

David has been going to the same barber for years and thought it would be a good idea to take Caden there as well. I knew it would be tough convincing Caden that this was a fun idea and I was right! David brought him in and I met them there. As I walked in, Caden was sitting so patiently completely mesmerized by the man snipping away at another gentleman's hair. He carefully observed each move he made, checking both men out trying to figure out what was going on. Eventually he decided to play with the dinosaurs over in the corner.

When it was his turn, the nice barber, Mike, put on the old fashioned child's "plank" across the top of the barber seat and we sat Caden on top. His new love right now is to sit in or on anything, so he was loving this. Then Mike came over with a cape and it was all down hill from there! Mike started snipping away as I held a screaming boy on the chair, praying that he would not  be stabbed in the head with the sheers! We decided that it might be better to have him sit on my lap. Well, that made all the difference! He sat so still, just staring at David. He loves to brush his hair with our brushes, so it didn't surprise me that he seemed to enjoy the grooming. He had a few wiggles, but we came out with a handsome (much older looking) little boy.
(Please excuse the poor quality of picture...all we had were our cell phones!)









It doesn't look like it, but I think he was actually enjoying himself!








Enjoying a little snack after a that exhausting event!


1 comment: