Caden John Bailey

Caden John Bailey
Caden John Bailey, Born March 18, 2011 @ 12:29pm

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pullman or Bust!

Well, we made it through my first week back to school! It was tough, especially with needing to pump like crazy for Caden and the fact that I did not not get to wake up with him in the mornings.

 Waking up to his babble every morning around 7 is just about the sweetest thing I can think of. He just carries on in his crib like he is having a conversation with Mommy or Daddy or maybe Sophie. His voice rises and falls, depending on what he is saying. Many mornings, Dave and I just lay in bed for a few minutes before going to his room, and just listen to his sweet voice. So, the fact that my new wake up time is now 4:40AM (to pump) and leaving at 6:15AM to get to school, I do not get to partake in this event for part of the week...it does make my heart a little sad. The good part is that Dave and Caden have a  lot of father son bonding time during the week. I do love that.

I am working Monday, Tuesday and every other Wednesday this year, a blessing considering the alternative. It has been an adjustment with getting up so early and only seeing him in the evening for a couple of hours before bed, but on my off days...I soak up every minute with him! I love it! I have a great teaching partner this year and a sweet class, so I get to enjoy what I love doing as my profession and enjoy being a mom-a nice balance.

Week one...Grandma Kathy and Grandpa Ron came down to help us out because I had to work everyday. My teaching partner and I agreed that it was best for both of us to be present at the beginning to set the tone for the year, so down came the Grandparents! It was a huge help to us knowing that Caden was being cared for by family. I think Grandma and Grandpa enjoyed some alone time with Caden, too!

We took our first trip to Pullman with Caden on September 8th! It was a super fun trip and Caden was a trooper considering the 6 hour drive over and the 8 hour drive home!!! It was super hot every day-mid 90's, but we all survived. I got to show him around campus and tell him all about where I went to school. The Cougs annihilated UNLV, which was a bonus!

All in all, we had a great time and it was a nice treat after jumping back into work after 5.5 months off!


Welcome to the family, Lila! Mike and Steph got a new dog and she is so sweet!



Out little (bee infested) set up

Hangin with uncle Mike

He looks SO good in crimson!

Some bedtime reading in the trailer

The day of Caden's first Coug game


Hangin with the cousins



Sarah is so cleaver!

It was H-O-T-mid 90s each day

Sophie loved her new bandana

Caden had fun aside from the heat

Caden's first Coug game


He loves playing with cousin Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment